Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Weight gain!!



I adore hippos but I do not want to resort to looking like one again..........


I have fallen back into some old and bad habits.  Namely eating food that is worthless (refined carbs, sweets and the likes) and eating for reasons other than physical hunger.


I have, this week, had a serious word with myself and refocused myself on my weight, the reasons I lost the weight in the first place, and the many benefits of being lighter and healthier.



I have weighed and measured myself (something I was avoiding doing) and - significantly - I have updated my tickers to reflect the gains and how far above my goal weight I now am.  

THE HORROR!!



The result of my having fallen into 'old' and 'bad' habits!


I am feeling very ashamed of myself.  Part of me didn't want to update my blog.  I think it's important that I do though.  For me and for anyone reading who might be considering a gastric band.


-------------------


My BMI was 23 in August, after my first breast op.  It is now 27!  I have gained 23lbs (almost 2st!!) in less than 7 months.

Because my size 10/12 clothes still fit I have duped myself into thinking that I no longer have weight issues.  

I need to fully recognise that I will always have a weight issue.  I'm a food/carb addict in recovery. Like other types of addiction that means I will always need to be vigilant and to abstain for the most part.




To refocus myself I will:

  • weigh and measure myself weekly;
  • only eat when I am physically hungry, "if the problem is not hunger the solution is not food!!";
  • eat small portions of food, chew well, and STOP eating when I am no longer hungry;
  • cut out refined carbs;

  • regularly update my blog and ticker to keep me accountable;
  • get a band fill* (the band is there I might as well use it);
  • recommit to exercise;






* I have a band fill booked for Monday 24th March (due to my business commitments I couldn't attend any sooner).





1 comment:

  1. Hi Bea, I was down to about 240# at my lowest (representing a 45+ pound loss since my pre-band weight) but in the past 2 years I've slowly put 20 pounds back on. And it was probably just like you, dumb calories, bad food choices, seeing food as entertainment, yadda yadda.

    ReplyDelete