Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Saturday 30 June 2012

Today is my 6 month bandiversary.........

6 months ago today I was banded.

I am so pleased I did it. I would do it in a heartbeat if I had to make the decision again (knowing what I now know).

My band, Geldof, is now part of me and he helps to stop me obsessing about food, to slow me down when I do eat and to permit me to feel satisfied after a reasonable amount of food. I used to consider what I now eat to be a small amount of food - my mindset has soooo changed on that; I eat suffient, and I don't feel deprived.

I'm not saying this band thing is easy. It doesn't do the work for me. Only I can decide what to put in my mouth and how much to move my body. I am dieting, Geldof is assisting to make sticking to my diet less difficult.


Life is different now:

* I wear size 12-14 clothing;
* I have more energy and my joints don't hurt anymore;
* I can enter a cafe and not have to plan my route between the tables and chairs :);
* I feel sexy again and my sex life with my husband is once again incredible.....;
* I only ever eat food that is both healthy and delicious - if it isn't yummy I stop eating (before I would eat food I wasn't enjoying faster to 'get rid of it');
* I think about food much, much less often;
* I actually enjoy walking (never understood before people who wanted to go for a 'nice walk');
* I am happier and more confident in every area of my life;
* I no longer reach for food to deal with my emotions (my increasing understanding of my emotional eating warrants a separate post - I will put writing that particular post onto my todo list);

This is how my tickers look 6 months post band:



No comments:

Post a Comment