Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Preparing for Christmas

Christmas, for most, is about excess. Food (and by food I meant CARBS), alcohol (since being banded I have only drunk a few glasses of alcohol whilst on holiday), snacks, parties and the likes.

Last Christmas I was on my pre-op diet :). This year I am at target and intend to allow myself a few 'treats' (bring on the champagne :)).  I've been baking and have cupboards full of slabs of millionaires shortbread, jars of homemade baileys and white chocolate fudge, tupperware stuffed with homemade pastries and triple chocolate muffins.  I had a tiny taste of some of it yesterday (when I finished making it all). I will now abstain completely (for now at least).


Christmas 2012 Tree


Christmas Day is a week today. In preparation, today, I have placed myself back on a strict low-carb diet (for the past few months I have been eating some carb to keep myself out of ketosis, otherwise I would have continued to lose weight). I hope to drop a few pounds before Christmas Day to give myself a 'buffer' and prevent the Christmas excesses pushing me back over my target weight.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 11st 7lbs (one pound over target!!) I hope to be 11st 4lbs by Christmas Eve. Wish me luck :D

This Christmas will almost certainly be my darling mums' last. I intend to enjoy my family whilst it remains whole. My mum has always made Christmas so very special and I know this one will be no exception.

I hope you all enjoy the festivities. X



Yuletide Felicitations to you all :)




No comments:

Post a Comment