Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Friday 11 July 2014

Mexico band hell

¡Hola!

I'm in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on holiday with my lovely husband.

Today is our last full day of a two week break, we fly home tomorrow evening, and I will be relived to get home. Don't get me wrong this place is glorious. The hotel is pure luxury, the people are very friendly, the area is stunning, the weather is scorchio and the food and drink are superb.

The problem is the heat has caused my band to tighten. I was fine for the first few days, and okay for the first week (although I did have heartburn towards the end of week one). For the past 5 days however the temperature has soared and my band has become unbearably tight. Food is a no-no and at times even water won't go down.

Yesterday and the day before it was taking me 2 hours to drink 500ml of water (usually I can down a pint of water in seconds) and even then I was usually regurgitating it back after all the effort of getting it down.

That is no trifling matter in this heat! I'm constantly on the verge of dehydration. Today I realised that hot drinks make the issue worse (in the UK a cup of tea in a morning eases a tight band) and that milk is a godsend! I have had 8 glasses of milk today (as well as 2 litres of water).

I have barely eaten all week and today out of desperate concern husband bought me a magnum ice cream. He said the look on my face as I ate it and felt it go through the band was priceless! Ice cream and milk go down easier than anything else (even water).

I'm gutted this has happened here in Mexico. I feel ill with it and my band is actually hurting me at times. And aside from all of that the food and cocktails here are to die for! Mexican food is my absolute favourite and for the first week I was loving the chilli peppers, guacamole, salsa and scrummy meats. Not now though :(

I am avoiding alcohol too. Don't need to be dehydrated further but also it causes horrible acid as it sits above the band.

In short Geldof is causing me misery! I will definitely have a complete aspiration before travelling somewhere hot in future.

Despite that husband and I have had an amazing holiday.


X

No comments:

Post a Comment