Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Friday 25 July 2014

My gastric band adjustment history........


I have realised I have not really documented on here my adjustments (fills and aspirations).  I know many bandits want to know what others have in their band - everyone is unique, of course, and just because two people have the same sized bands and the same amount of saline in their band does not mean they will have the same experience of satiety & satisfaction.

Also, numerous factors affect the apparent 'restriction' provided by the band; including:

  • weight loss/gain (less/more fat around the band and stomach will result in less/more pressure being placed on the tissue under/around the band);
  • water retention (effectively 'plumping up' the tissue under/around the band);
  • atmospheric temperature (heat can cause body tissues to swell - potentially including the tissue under the band);
  • emotion (it is no coincidence that 'feelings' are often described in physical terms; butterflies in the tummy, gut wrenching, stomach turning etc);
  • water distribution in the body (resulting in many bandits feeling 'tighter' in the morning);
  • and potential swelling/bruising of the tissues under/around the band due to vomiting/food regurgitation.


My Gastric Band Adjustments

30/12/2011          +4.5ml                    = 4.5ml      (added by Mr Hewin at surgery)

09/02/2012         +1.0ml                    =5.5ml

09/05/2012         +0.5ml                    =6.0ml

26/09/2012         +0.25ml                  =6.25ml

22/07/2013          -5.0ml                     =1.0ml       (aspiration of all removable saline before surgery)


27/09/2013          +3.5ml                    =4.5ml

24/05/2014          +0.5ml                    =5.0ml

20/07/2014          -1.25ml                   =3.75ml     (aspiration due to being in red zone due to heat)







1 comment:

  1. 5 at 08:17

    Hi I got my band done on the 28/11/15 && I have barely been able to walk or sit down; iv liturally had to lie down due to the pain;; I spoke to the doctors they said it's fine;; but I'm quite worried as they initially told me the pain should be gone in 2 weeks;; did you suffer with this pain for so long? Do you think there's something wrong with the band?

    ReplyDelete