Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Airports are different now I'm thinner......

I'm in an airport waiting for a flight, not an unusual experience as I travel a lot for my business, and today I am acutely aware of how different the experience is to when I was 6st heavier.

Today I have just enjoyed a small brie salad - slowly - and I savoured every mouthful. It was truly delicious and I feel satisfied with what I have eaten. Previously I would probably have wolfed down a burger and chips and a large diet coke and then gone to 'stock up' on drinks and snacks for the plane (maybe two 500ml bottles of diet coke a share sized bag of chocolate and a grab bag of crisps).

I would be dreading getting on the flight incase I was seated next to someone and they would have to 'endure' my bulk and I would endure my shame. Or, even worse, that I would be sat next to someone equally large and we would struggle to fit :(. Being physically jammed against a complete stranger with no ability to move away is not pleasant!

I loathed adjusing the seatbelt to its greatest length and then having to breathe in to get the buckle fastened.  Nowadays I have to tighten, rather than loosen, the belt and I have a foot of belt to spare :).

Today I am sitting in a cafe area freezing cold.  Autumn appears to have arrived today and, when I packed for my trip I didn't account for how chilly it was going to get, my feet are freezing (tights and boots tomorrow).  I feel the cold much more now I am thinner - but on the plus side I am much more comfortable with hot weather.

Flight is being called - must dash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment