Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Sunday 18 December 2011

Consultation with The Hospital Group

My choice of provider was largely, although not solely, governed by cost. My consultation was on 27th November and very basic. I met a surgeon (not as it turned out my surgeon) and he explained the procedure weighed and measured me. Alarmingly the measure in room was inaccurate by 2.75". It measured me at 5'4", I had always believed I was closer to 5'7". I protested and the surgeon was willing to concede that I was probably 5'6" and that is what he wrote on my records. Husband measured me when I got home and I am 5' 6.75". The difference in the height measurements put my BMI at 42 instead of the accurate figure of 38!


Mr Richardson (the consultant I met with) said he was confident that the band would be ideally suited to me. He claimed he rarely said this to patients but felt confident that I would lose and maintain my weight with the aid of the band because of my weight loss history. Probably he says that to all the girls ;).


I then met with my patient co-ordinator. This was basically an opportunity for me to ask any questions I still had (I had none), to talk through the pre-op diet, make a time for me to have a phone consultation with a nurse, and to book my operation. In order to qualify for the £500 off offer that THG are offering I needed to have surgery before the end of the year; unfortunately, however, all of Mr Richardson's surgeries were booked up. I was therefore booked in with another surgeon (Mr David Hewin) on 30th December.


Since then I have spent a lot of time on this fabulous fourm; if you are reading this and considering bariatric surgery I highly recommend it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment