Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Friday 9 December 2011

The serious yo yoing of the past 10 years.........

So, I was in a new relationship, and I was happy and content. There in, I think, lies the problem (or one of them at least) I associate eating with being happy and content and not eating with misery and stress. When I lost so much weight, in such a short time, after my first marriage ended I found the fact that people kept telling me how amazing I looked to be totally incongruous (I felt anything but 'amazing'). Now I was happier than I had ever been and I revelled in cooking for, and eating with, my man. We both put on a lot of weight over the next 8 years. In 2008 I was very unhappy in my work (my new boss was nothing short of a tyrant) and I learned that my husband had engaged in a minor indiscretion with an old female friend via FaceBook. I was miserable again. I decided to lose weight. And lose weight I did - 5.5st to be precise. I lost it on the Cambridge diet. A few weeks after I started losing weight my husband decided he would too - he went the more conventional route of eating more healthily and getting more exercise. He lost over 7 stone; and he has kept it off too (I'm so proud of him). Me? I kept it off for little under a year before piling it all back on again (and a couple of extra pounds for good measure).

No comments:

Post a Comment