Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Friday 23 December 2011

I told my mum about the op yesterday...

Yesday I went to see my mum and she invited husband and I to a dinner party on NYE. My lack of immediate response made her assume I had made other plans - this made her look hurt :(. I thought about accepting her offer, knowing I would have to cancel saying I was unwell on 31st, but that would be deceitful and unfair . I also realised that I very much want to be with my parents to see in New Year . My mum has been gravely ill this year and in February / March it looked unlikely that she would be with us into 2012. So I told her about the op planned for 30th.....

I cannot tell you all how much better I feel with her knowing :). She has reservations of course (she's had her fair share of surgery this year, and lots of post surgery complications :(, and the thought of undergoing it voluntarily is not one she relishes for me).

Now, although I know I will probably not feel 100%, I am happily anticipating spending New Year with my parents because they will know I had surgery, the day before, and will be able to make allowances. It will also be possible for me to be 'all liquid' without causing serious offence to my mum who is the best cook!

I cannot believe I was planning on 'avoiding' my parents over New Year - given the awfulness of 2011 I cannot wait to see in 2012 with my wonderful mum and to thank the universe that she is still there to 'disapprove' (a bit) of my choice to undergo gastric surgery.

Here's to 2012 and to mum's everywhere xx

No comments:

Post a Comment