Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Constipation

Since I was banded I have suffered on and off with constipation. Less food going in, obviously, translates into less waste coming out. I have resorted to using senakot and/or lactulose every few days to get things 'moving'. For the past week, however, that has resulted in diarreah.

I know that the lack of carbohydrate in my diet is exacerbating the problem so yesterday I decided to eat a small bag of dried apricots in the hope that would help. Unfortunately all it did was give me an agonising stomach ache :(.

Senakot again tonight then......


I fully expected to be craving carbohydrates today after eating the apricots yesterday. Although I have thought more about food (especially carbs like chips and chocolate) than I have become accustomed to I haven't had the cravings that I anticipated. I'm away from home on business and staying in a hotel and low carb food choices are more restricted than when I am at home. Today I have eaten an M&S feta side salad for my lunch and a chicken salad and cheese selection for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment