Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Monday 6 February 2012

Update on incisions / scarring

I know that one of my concerns pre-op was the potential for scarring following surgery - I guess that might be one of your concerns also.  I posted in an earlier post a photo of the incisions immediately post-op.  I have today taken a follow up photo which represents the healing approximately 5 weeks post op.

The additional scars, in the second photo, above and below the main incisions, are due to blistering caused by iodine burn and allergy to steri-strips.



Incisions 5 hours post op



Incisions 5 weeks post op





The bruising that you can see on the first photo became much more pronounced over the next week and it was tender and sore for a while.  The bruising has now gone altogether and the scars are healing well.


Since the iodine burn subsided I have been applying bio-oil to the incisions every-other day (if I use it more often it tends to cause a localised rash).  I also apply to my belly and upper thighs in the hope that excess skin and/or stretch marks are minimised.   



No comments:

Post a Comment