Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Geldof is sensitive to emotion.......

I know that for many people stress causes their band to tighten. Others say they get more restriction when the have their period (I wouldn't know about that - I have a mirena coil and haven't had a period for over 10 years).

Last week I received the sad news that my parents dog had died. I was eating my dinner when my dad called to tell me. After I put the phone down I took a moment then carried on eating (it was delicious haddock in cheese sauce on a bed of vegetables). I engaged in good band eating behaviours - chewed well and left a few moments between mouthfuls. After three or four bites I was aware of increasing pressure behind my breast bone (often referred to as 'iron fist'). I could feel the food being pushed up my oesophagus an inch or two and then back toward my stomach; as it approached the place where my band is positioned it changed direction and moved back up my oesophagus two or three inches then back down again; up four or five inches then back down. I tried to drink some water to ease the situation. The sensation was very very uncomfortable. Eventually, after a few minutes of the food making its way up and down my oesophagus, I realised I was going to be sick.

I went to the bathroom and waited until the 'stuck' food was pushed all the way up my oesophagus. The sensation was very unpleasant and not one I hope to repeat (excuse the pun).

All of the food that I regurgitated was very well chewed (certainly no big bits in there)so I am thinking that my band must have tightened considerably in response to my upset (I was literally choked). I have not experienced food regurgitation since (or indeed before).

No comments:

Post a Comment