Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Monday 6 February 2012

A retrospective account of my surgery day.....

06.45
I'm sitting here, cuddled up with husband, waiting for my driver to pick me up. Feeling oddly calm with little waves of excitement breaking in my tummy whenever I think about it.

I'll be off soon. I'll update when I get there.

BeBea xx


09.45
I just arrived :). I am sitting in reception (nice chandeliers).

My driver was fab' we talked non stop for the 2.5hr journey. He kept me well entertained. The time whizzed by.

I'll update when something else happens xx


10.26
I was brought up to my room almost immediately and I am now waiting for something to happen.

I'm yet to be 'admitted', no bloods taken yet etc. The nurse who brought be up to my room said they are short staffed (only 2 nurses when there should be 4 apparently). I suspect I am in for a long wait.

I don't mind waiting. I do mind being without water if they know it is not necessary.

BeBea xx


11.59
Time is actually whizzing past (almost midday already).

My bloods have been taken now (it was Dr Win and he was very gentle, managed to get the vein first time and three files filled easily :)).

My surgeon has just been to see me and I've signed the consent form etc. fortuitously the morning surgery will finish early today so Mr Hewin will be able to get going 2 hours early (12.30 instead of 14.30). I am second on the list so should be around 13.30. I won't hold my breath though ;).

My nurse is called Jo. She is very lovely, fun and smiley. She was very complimentary about my, apparently, perfect blood pressure (I bet she says the same to all the girls ;)) She told me she will let me know when the first woman goes down and I will then go and get a shower and put on my sexy surgical stockings (I hope my husband is not reading this it is his greatest wish that I will lose enough weight that stockings replace tights in my life).

BeBea xx


13.27
The latest is I am sitting here in my sexy gown and stockings (sounds quite nice when I put it like that - lol) waiting for them to come and get me.

Surgery started about on time and woman no. 1 went down about 12.30 so I should be going down about 13.30. I think I heard commotion in the room next door (like someone being returned after surgery) whilst I was in the shower.

I'll check back in once I'm conscious again.


20.04
Hello guys :)

I'm awake now. Have drunk 4 glasses of water and a couple of sips of hot chocolate (for sore throat). The water goes down no problem at all :). The hot choc I can feel all the way down (not painful just aware of it).

My surgeon (Mr Hewin) has been in and said all went well in surgery. The Anaesthetist is a genius - the best post op ever - lovely floaty in and out of sleep feeling.

I have some discomfort accross my tummy and the predicted pain in left shoulder. Nurse looked at my scars and was visibly impressed - she said they are the neatest she has seen today :D. I've not been out of bed yet (when I do I'll have a look and report back).

Minor panic 20 minutes ago - fire alarm sounded. I was still Floaty-Mac-Floaty so couldn't have cared less - senior nurse got a bit flappy though. Hospital has been checked and it appears the alarm was set off by someone spraying copious amounts of deodorant :).

Thank-you everyone who has had me in their thoughts today - I very much appreciate it xx

BeBea

PS apologies for any typos - not easy to type on iPhone with pulse monitor clip on my finger :D. When I get out of bed I'll get my iPad out of the safe (will be easier to type on there).


21.13
UPDATE:

I'm up and about. Have photographed my belly and the incisions.


incisions 5 hours post-op




I am so impressed with the wounds. They look more like scratches :shock: and it is obvious, even at this early stage, that they will heal well and become invisible :D - bring on the bio-oil. They are also lower down than I anticipated - that is a good thing as my bra will not rub on them :). Mr Hewin, I am liking your work there sir *doffs cap*.

I have some discomfort (certainly know someone has been fiddling with my insides) but not pain. The discomfort is eased significantly by moving around :). I did have an 'oh my' moment when I first swung my legs off the bed and saw a pad I had been lying on that was apparently soaked in blood :O - thankfully, on closer inspection it turned out to be iodine :D

BeBea xx


10.23
ANOTHER UPDATE:

Night Sister popped in a few minutes ago and is very pleased with how well I am looking; obs are all pretty much perfect (which is fantastic because whenever I have had a GA before I have had seriously low BP afterwards and felt dreadful: not today -YAY :). Maybe they give you better drugs when you go private - lol.

Also she told me I have a 10ml band with 4ml added during surgery :)

BeBea x

No comments:

Post a Comment