Pounds and inches lost:-

Weight



Waist Measurement

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Restriction???

On the forum that I frequent, there has been some interesting debate recently about 'restriction' (a term I, personally, do not like with reference to gastric bands).  Geldof (my band) has never restricted me from eating and nor would I like him to. 

I much prefer the 'red, green and yellow zone' terminology used by the company who manufacture the band.


Optimal band adjustment


I urge any bandits, or would be bandits, who are not already familiar with the Adjustable Gastric Band Systems Manual [clicky clicky] to become so.

Since being banded I have had three small fills (two before I reached my goal and one since). I was offered 3 or 4 other fills but turned them down because I was already in the 'green zone' and did not want to 'fix' something that was already working.  Getting a fill when I was already in the green zone would likely have pushed me into the red (not a place I EVER want to be). 


My band adjustment history:
  • My surgeon put 4.5ml in my band when he positioned it.
  • My first fill added 1ml and took me into the green zone.
  • My second fill added a further 0.5ml.
  • My most recent fill increased the amount in my band by 0.25ml. Taking the total amount of saline in my band to 6.25ml. 

I requested fills only when I slipped into the yellow zone and was experiencing more hunger and feeling less satisfied with small meals.  each small fill took me well and truly back into the green zone (satiety and satisfaction NOT restriction).


BeBea xx


PS I've noticed my blog has become less focused on band stuff and eating recently - I guess that reflects me :D  I too am much less focused on eating and dieting.  I'm busy getting on with living as a slimmer person :) :) :).

2 comments:

  1. My cousin is a 2 year veteran of being banded, and she looks terrific. She also posts a lot of food items on Pinterest and Facebook. There's nothing wrong with enjoying treats in life in moderation, we definitely have earned that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Donnie :)

      I'm enjoying the fact that I'm much less focused on food these days :). 'Treats' for me tend to be things other than food - so refreshing to not be so bound up with my appetite.

      BeBea

      Delete